Thursday, October 30, 2008

WOW!

Tyler won 1st place in the 3rd-6th grade costume contest! He was so happy. He was asking me before we left the house if I thought he could win. I walked into the room just as they were pronouncing him the winner. Yay Tyler! His prize was an art set: crayons, colored pencils, paints, scissors, etc...
I did get some comments from a couple of parents, who clearly thought I had allowed things to go a little too far by actually shaving his head. Hey, hair grows back, and we'll buzz the rest of it after Halloween. The army guys thought it was cool. One mom I know said she could tell it was inspired by Rock Band.
This is the picture I took this afternoon that I think is really great! He was just looking up from reading his book, and didn't know I had the camera ready. Before we left for the church, we gave him a 5'0 clock shadow (make-up), unbuttoned his shirt, and got him those tattoo sleeve things. He looked really cool. We'll do it again on Friday and get some shots of it.

We brought a friend home from church with us. Apparently they aren't having school in Bremerton the rest of this week for conferences or something.

I got the cupcakes baked, and they are cooling, getting ready to be decorated tomorrow. I'll try to take some pictures of them when they are finished.

One last thing...I had to laugh when I got home tonight and checked my caller ID. I guess all I have to do is call you out on-line, you both called me while I was out tonight. LOL! However, Rainbow, Melissa, neither of you left a message!

Jeff just walked in, it must be late. Good night all!

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

he looks like a true punk rocker, kinda scary maybe a future in the music world?? As long as Auntie Rainbow gets backstage free passes!! Have a fun HAlloween...Love...........Later....RAinbow