Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I survived Monday

We had a very short school day. We did our spelling, homophones, and Mad Minute Math, then some Christopher Columbus papers. That was it. Tyler kept telling me that there was no public school today, so they shouldn't have to do school either. I informed him that if he wants the public school holidays he should go to public school, and then he can miss out on our family holidays. He stopped bugging me after that.

When I got to Scouts I realized I had left half my supplies (snack included) at home, and I couldn't run back for them because I had a leader's meeting to attend. Urgh! It worked out though, one of the boys had brought a snack that I could sign off in his book. We also took the time to go over some Scouting basics for our new boys, played a game, and gave them some time to just talk and get to know each other. We are responsible for the flag at our Pack Meeting this month, so we talked a little bit about flag ceremonies also. The two scouts who have been through this for a couple years got to be helpful, and we all got a review of how to do things.

The boards of review for the Boy Scouts went well. Travis was asking me questions about it on the way home. I think all the boys are a little nervous, as this is a first for them. They will get through it, and will know what to expect next time. I think it's a great experience for them, and will help them later in life. Picture this: one scout, about 12 years old, sitting in a chair. He's facing a table, and behind the table are 3 adults (2 of them in uniform) questioning him about his scouting experience. I would be terrified. I saw one boy actually visibly relax a little tiny bit when he was told I was Travis's mom, at the end of my introduction. I guess that made me an eensy-teensy bit less scary.

Well, I need to get some sleep. Happy Anniversary to Rainbow and Manny. Thank you mom for sitting with the baby. Good night all.

2 comments:

Renlim73 said...

Scary Lori. . .lol
Glad you had a good time. I love hearing about your life, and the fun & games each day brings.
very cool about the flag, what a great experience for the boys.
Thanks for sharing!
~Melissa

Rainbow said...

Jurnee starts back up again tonight at 6:30 with his scouts he is very excited about it!! Thanks for the conversation yesterday. Later........ Love.. Rainbow