Monday, January 26, 2009

Everybody Busy?

I guess we all must be doing our own things these days...nobody seems to have time to blog. Rainbow, I haven't heard from you lately.

My kids are keeping me busy, as usual. Friday they had a friend sleep over. His grandma came out and dropped him off, she stayed for a cup of coffee and the next thing we knew 3 hours had passed. Oops!


Saturday we took the friend home, and stopped by Melissa's family home for the Memorial...they seem to be doing okay. It snowed a little Saturday night, just a dusting, but Tyler was excited. He went with me to take books to the book drop and was really excited to see it start snowing.

I didn't get any sewing done this weekend, but I did get the material ready to cut. I also moved the sewing machine back into my bedroom. Small steps.


Sunday was a busy day. We went to church, Melissa and Geoff joined us. It was Ken's last sermon. After church we went with Melissa and Geoff to her Dad's place so we could kill some time. They were kind enough to let me print something since I am currently without ink. Wal*Mart was sold out when I went to buy it, and I didn't have time to run around town. I need to tomorrow though, because Travis was given some homework to do for Scouts....but I digress....When we left Melissa and Geoff we went to Silverdale for a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. That turned out to be more fun than I had anticipated. After the birthday party we went home and found my brother-in-law and sister-in-law waiting for us in our driveway. They stayed for a bit, but left just before Melissa and Geoff arrived for dinner. After dinner, Melissa and I went to the store while Jeff and Geoff watched a movie.

Today Tommy was up before 5, and I was way too tired to deal with it. Jeff got up with him about 6:30 or so, and I went back to sleep. When I woke up again later, my eye was sealed shut. Ugh! My eye has been bugging me all day since...not fun.

The heater repair guy came today. Our heater broke on Friday, it wouldn't shut off. We've spent the weekend turning on and off circuit breakers. Now it's fixed, but I still want to get a new thermostat, preferably a programmable one. I hate the ugly, broken, 30-year old one that sticks out of the hallway wall.

I walked Travis down to his Boy Scout meeting (which I never do) and ended up being stopped by the Asst. Scoutmaster regarding the B&G Banquet next month and the Scoutmaster regarding the Court of Honor and advancement stuff. When I finished with them, I discovered the Cub Scouts were locked out of our meeting hall. I waited around with the growing crowd of boys and leaders, then went back to interrupt the Scoutmaster in his conference so I could borrow his keys.

We had a Pack meeting tonight, and all the Bears got the awards they have been working on. Way to go Bears!!! Actually, almost all the boys in the Pack got something, they have all been working hard. We didn't have a Pack Meeting in December, so some of these awards have been earned for awhile.

That's about it. I need to go get the baby ready for bed now. Tomorrow I need to fix Travis's bedroom doorknob so he doesn't keep getting locked in.

No comments: