Thursday, January 29, 2009

Who is That?

That's what my kids asked when they saw this picture...Who is that?


Thanksgiving 1994


There's another incentive to keep on losing weight!

We were talking about favorite belts the other day, after Tyler's belt broke. He was upset and said I don't know how it feels to lose your favorite belt, so I told him that I have a favorite belt that doesn't fit me anymore, so I do kinda know how it feels. Well, he found that belt today, and we discovered that it doesn't fit Travis either (at least not to the holes I had to drill in it to wear it back then).

I am going to buy Chalene Johnson's newest program, Chalene Extreme, and give it a whirl. I figure I love Turbo Jam and it's effective, so I'll see what the new one does. It's a 3-month program that is supposed to be super effective. I don't imagine I'll be able to start it until March, but I should make progress before summer. In the meantime, I need to get back to Turbo Jam on a regular basis, I've been pretty hit and miss lately.

The boys and I did get our walk in today. We walked up to the store and back. Travis always saves his serious conversations for our walks. Today it was the rapture....wow!

Before our walk, we went and bought Travis a new reading workbook. I actually gave him his choice between reading and a word study/phonics book. He looked through them both and chose reading...okay, that surprised me.

Yesterday we went bowling. That seems like forever ago now, it's been a long day for some reason. Anyway, we went bowling with our WOW! group, and we had a good time. Tommy sat with a lady from church and didn't complain much at all while the boys and I headed to separate lanes and bowled with our respective peer groups. It was nice hanging out with the 30-somethings. I need more of that.

One of the ladies is arranging a monthly family fellowship time, so we can do more hanging out. Another lady is arranging a ladies night that will take place every-other month, unfortunately it will be on Mondays. She said she tried to get the committee to change it to another night, but it was a no-go. At least I'll be able to go to the one in July, maybe.

I know there was more I wanted to blog today, because I thought about it several times, but I have forgotten. Tomorrow I'll take Melissa and Geoff back to the airport. They're going home and getting back to life, which is a good thing. I'll miss them, I've become accustomed to having them around. I know they need to go home, though. They are talking about coming back in another year or so....I'll be hopeful.

My little climber, diving off the headboard!

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Lori, your baby is soooooooo cute.Love the pics.