Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today is my mother-in-laws birthday. A few days ago, I asked her if she had any plans. She said she didn't, so I asked her if we could take her out to dinner. We decided we'd go to China Sun Buffet, and told her we'd call her the night before (yesterday) to confirm plans.

Jeff called his sister yesterday, and we found out that everybody in the family was coming to dinner. Not really, but it felt like it. It was actually a really neat thing. Marlene ended up having her birthday dinner with all 3 of her kids, their spouses, 5 grandkids, 2 spouses of grandkids, and 1 great-grandson. We left Tommy at home, and Danielle didn't bring Kegan, so the under 2 crowd was missing. It was fun, it was casual and relaxed and nice.

Tommy was cranky, and he fell asleep as we were getting ready to leave. We had about 40 minutes before we needed to be walking out the door. I called Mom and basically asked her if she could get in her car right then and come babysit for us. Naturally she asked what was up, and when I told her she was very willing to come over. Thank you, Mom. I don't think it would have been quite so relaxing with a grumpy 1-yr old along.

Tomorrow Tyler has a friend coming over for the night. Sunday is going to be crazy. I wanted to make a skirt this weekend, but am not sure that will happen. Maybe Saturday evening? I honestly don't know.

I hope everybody out there is doing well. Manny, thanks for the warning. Melissa, can you believe I am out of printer ink, again?????? Good luck with that birthday present you want, Rainbow. Good night everyone!

No comments: