Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Just another day.....

I gave the boys their "New Year's Gift" today. They were more excited than I thought they would be, considering the contents. Who knew that a kid would be thrilled to get his own stapler? It was an easy transition into starting the school day.





Travis was funny with his math today. He's working with fractions, common denominators and such. He kept calling me in to check his work and ask what he was supposed to do next, and I kept telling him that was it...he didn't have to do anything more than what he was doing. I like it when it seems too easy to him. After the 3rd time, he finally believed me and finished the assignment in record time without missing one.

Tyler is plugging away on his reading. He's getting there, but he gets hung up on little words. It doesn't help when he is constantly interrupted by his two brothers.

Thomas is getting into everything! He's a climber, and he's trying my patience. He actually climbed up on the chair, onto the desk, over the keyboard, and grabbed the phone off the top of the stereo! I don't know what he intended to do from there, because I snatched him down.

Travis was the chef today, he made pancakes. They turned out good too. He was a little disappointed that we are out of chocolate chips, but we made do with peanut butter and jelly. Tyler helped me make chicken and veggie soup for dinner.
We went for a drive this evening. We don't go anyplace special really. We checked the times the aluminum recycling place is open, looked at the lights downtown, and drove over to Wal*Mart to see if they do those memory books. They do all kinds of picture items, but I didn't see memory books.

We have a busy day tomorrow in Bremerton. Jeff's going to the Wednesday night events with us, for the first time ever! Jeff is also having his follow-up appt. with his doctor tomorrow, and we'll find out when he may be released to go back to work or if he will be staying out on disability for awhile.
The kids aren't in bed yet, I need to get them settled. Here are some pictures of yesterday's snow play. I may have to get an igloo building kit for next year. Good to see you blogging again, Melissa!
Good Night.



2 comments:

Renlim73 said...

Man I miss you guys! Thank you for the pics of the presents, nice knowing I was there for a little bit of that.
Try this website for memory books. http://photos.walmart.com/storepage/storePageId=Memory+Books
Glad to know Jeff is going with you tomorrow & Good Luck! Talk to you soon!
~Melissa

Rainbow said...

What a good idea, to jumpstart back to school with the gifts!!Tommy looks so grown upoutside playing in the snow. We went to scouts last night to, Jurnee had a good time, he is so close to ceromony one month left, there are a couple of the boy scout groups from around town coming in 2 weeks to talk to the boys, Jurnee is excited about that. Love....Later..........Rainbow