Sunday, January 18, 2009

What Happened to Days Off?

I know there must be days that I don't work, but I don't remember any. Actually, as far as working goes, I didn't do much today.

The boys made breakfast this morning: hash browns, eggs, yogurt, and fruit. Good job, boys! I was sure to tell Scott that Josh made breakfast for everybody.

There was another membership application in my mailbox at church this morning. LOL! The nursery seems to be under control. I still need to do some shopping for basic supplies, but the schedule is printed and I think I have the heat figured out. It was warm in there today, anyway. So far, so good.

We left church, dropped the boys off at home w/Mom, and went over the airport to get Melissa & Geoff. They arrived a little early, no problems, we were back on the road after paying way too much for a Diet Pepsi. We dropped them off at her parent's house and came back home. By the time we got back home, we'd been on the road for 3 1/2 hours.

Melissa will probably call in a few days, after she's had some time to process. Wow, I feel so sad for her. They did arrive safely, and they are now with their family.

When we got back home I made dinner and watched the Steelers game. There was one heck of a collision toward the end of the game, I pray that Raven is going to be okay. Now we know the Cardinals and Steelers will be facing off in the SuperBowl. Go Cardinals!!!! The Steelers will probably win, though.

Yesterday I took Travis's friend home, took Travis to the skating rink, watched a movie with my mother-in-law, chatted on the phone with my sister-in-law, picked Travis up from the skating rink, did the shopping, made dinner, did Scott & Amanda's taxes for them, got the paperwork done for the nursery at church, and ???? I'm sure there was more...tomorrow is schooling and Scouts. Josh will be hanging out here while Scott & Amanda go do some work. Aunt Lori is going to make him work on his book report while the other boys are learning about Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rainbow, I have the boys dreaming Disney dreams now. Jeff seems to be okay with the idea, if we can come up with the cash.

Alright, I have dirty dishes calling me. I need to go teach Ty to make corn-on-the-cob too. Later!

No comments: