Sunday, January 4, 2009

Getting Back To Normal

I got up this morning, looking forward to church, we all were looking forward to church. It feels like forever since we did anything "normal" for us. I suddenly realized that I have been feeling like I was living somebody else's life for awhile.
It was nice to be back with our friends. Watching Travis and the girls play their pre-teen flirting games, we parents were commenting on the years yet to come. Deep sigh. I pray they will not be too difficult. One of the girls' moms made a comment to me about "potential future daughters-in-law", and we both realized it was only half-joking. No, there are many years between now and then.

As we were coming home I commented on how hard it was to believe we were buried under snow for so long, since it was almost all gone. I say almost, because over the last few hours we have accumulated nearly 5 inches of snow and had a 90 minute power outage. It's still coming down out there. I haven't seen a weather report lately, but Melissa did mention more snow.





There's even more out there now, I took these just after the power went out, so a couple hours ago.
I do want to get back to normal, I hope we can make it to Scouts tomorrow. Someone on my home school list said it's supposed to turn to rain tonight. Time will tell.

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

The snow loooks so beauutiful, I just can't get over how much you guys have recieved wow. I'm glad you have continued to blog itys been nice reading about everything going on. Love ya all.