Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's Been a Long Day

I got some quality time with each of my kids today. I also got to watch most of a movie...I can't remember the last time I did that.

The day started with teaching Tyler to make pancakes from scratch. We made chocolate chip pancakes, and everybody raved. They were so easy, he wants to make them from scratch from now on. I want to make him a chef's uniform, and I do think he'll appreciate it. I just don't know that I can wait until his birthday.

Tommy was very clingy today, but we did have some fun playing ball and playing with water. He ate better today than he has been the last couple days. I don't think he was feeling well before, but now he seems to be okay. Maybe he was just reacting to all the stress around here.

Travis attacked me with a pillow when I stopped by his room to see if he wanted to play a game. That led to war, which burned off some energy and made everybody laugh.

Tyler went to Zoo Lights this evening with the Cub Scouts. Noah's family took him with them, because they had an extra seat in their car. Thank You! I bundled him up in his snow pants, coat, ski mask, and gloves. It was snowing off and on here all day. He had a really good time.

My mother-in-law came over for a couple hours this afternoon. My grandpa came by this evening. Desiree stayed and visited for about an hour when she dropped Tyler off. Yep! It's been busy. I have a load of laundry waiting to go in the dryer, or I'd be off to bed already.

I am so looking forward to getting back to our normal routine. Good Night!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Lori,
Thanks heavens your husband is going to be ok. Kim and U have been thinking about you alot since his attack.
You have such a nice family and I love reading your blog.

Maureen (Rainbowsa aunt)

Lori said...

Thank you Maureen.

I like reading your blog too. It's nice to see what other people are up to.