Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Key

Okay, the boys were thrilled to get school supplies, yesterday, I was thrilled to get handed a key to the office today and referred to as staff. I didn't realize I would appreciate it so much, it's been a long time since I was on anybody's payroll. I can now go in and make copies anytime I feel like it. LOL! Actually, I went in to ask the office ladies some questions about getting things put in the bulletin, etc... I got easy answers, which I expected.

Jeff's Dr's appt. was this afternoon. He got the all clear to go back to work on Monday, which is good. He's getting bored, and things just aren't the same around here. He has to go in for a DOT physical tomorrow to get the all clear for his CDL. It shouldn't be a problem.

Everything went well at church this evening. I hung out in the nursery with Tommy and Jeff, going through things and making notes. There weren't any other babies in there tonight. The main group had their Christmas party, which was cancelled due to snow last month. The youth group played pool, I think.

I asked my grandpa if he has a dresser he can spare for Tommy's clothes. He must have at least 8 dressers in his house. He couldn't think of one that would be easy to empty and offered to give buy us a new one or give me $ to go buy a new one....I refused. I told him I would be happy to help him empty a dresser and get stuff organized if he's willing, but I would not let him buy a new dresser. Well, he called tonight and said there was one in the basement that he had already emptied, and we are welcome to come get it tomorrow. Thank you, Grandpa.

I moved Travis's old dresser into his new room tonight. Now I need to get him a bed, or next month I do. That's the plan, to buy them both new beds next month. Anyway, the dresser was done up to match the buffet that's in his room, so I wanted to keep them together. When the weather is nicer, this summer, I'd like to sand them down and repaint and varnish them. Then they should last through most of his teen years. He'll need new bedding too...$$$$$ Maybe I should just buy a large piece of Polar Fleece and make it into his bedspread....thinking....maybe. We'll see.

So, that's all for now. I'm tired. Good Night!

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

Well I'm so glad Jeff's appointment went good. Thank god!! Congratulations on "THE KEY" Ibet you are super excited and I know you will love it and do a awesome job! Love.........Always...........Rainbow